It's Semana Santa which means everyone is on vacation. Since Coyoacan is sort of a tourist destination, it's been crammed with families,
Saturday, April 11, 2009
My new home
I have safely landed in Coyoacan, where the coyotes live in Mexico City. It's hard to believe I'm in one of the largest cities of the world when being in this charming neighborhood. The top picture is the view of the street from my rooftop terrace, and the bottom picture is the view of the house from my apartment entrance. Trisha, my landlord, keeps things really nice.
It's Semana Santa which means everyone is on vacation. Since Coyoacan is sort of a tourist destination, it's been crammed with families,
street vendors, food stalls (real cotton candy! just like my dad used to make!), crafts, and little ladies selling tacos. I've been trying to settle in and buy kitchen staples. First food item purchased: papaya.
It's Semana Santa which means everyone is on vacation. Since Coyoacan is sort of a tourist destination, it's been crammed with families,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It is an amazing place. We are so glad that you are in such a fantastic environment..... ENJOY!!!!! Can't wait to visit..... Love, Mom and Dad
ReplyDeleteit sounds cute! I'm excited to read about everything! xo
ReplyDeleteIt looks beautiful! Although you kind of blew my mind with the idea of "real cotton candy" and I think I will be the first person to gain a blog-induced five, natch fifty pounds as your writing is already making me insatiably hungry.
ReplyDeleteyay for doctoral fieldwork! glad we're going through this together, if thousands of miles apart... your hood does look beautiful! xoxo - lewis
ReplyDelete