So you, as friends and family, might be alarmed at my consumption of fried foods here in Mexico. Churros, fried quesadillas, tostadas, churros, I mean, it's really good. The churros place down the street from my house is famous and you can get them any time of day, warm and s
ugary... So in order to be healthy I just walk the 4 blocks over to Viveros, the city's tree nursery, and go for a jog. Or this morning I walked the whole thing to get to the subway. It's a park filled with trails that are actually like little streets with street signs and everything. And you can run or walk or jog, with or without ipod, or do what's most commonly done, make out (see note below). There's a picture above of some rows of trees inside Viveros. It's amazing that right here in the city you have a beautiful park-like environment that also serves as source for city greenery and is right down the street from where I live.Note about making out: For those that have not spent time in Latin America, it is quite common to see intense making out all the time, on street corners, in buses, in line for the movies, in the parks, EVERYWHERE. This is probably a result of a conservative catholic environment (and you know what they say about catholic school girls) plus people living at home for a long time, including in college, so there is very little privacy. At dusk yesterday in the park there were definitely more young folk necking than running.

...very descriptive...I'm now hungry...I think I'll go out now and eat....BTW...Mom saw a huge display in Whole Foods for Stehly Farm Organic Avocados and a big photo of Jerome Stehly...(for those of you who don't know it, Lerner Farms is one of the suppliers to Jerome Stehly)....love....pops
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful adventure. You sound like you are having the time of your life.Can't wait to come and visit. For now, we will visit through your eyes.I love reading your blogs..... Have a great evening. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteMom, it's just one blog. Many posts to one blog. You're so cute! I enjoy reading your comments on my blog!
ReplyDeleteAmy, it's awesome that your folks are reading the blog. My dad saw mine and bitched me out for wasting time on it instead of finishing the phd :)
ReplyDeleteBut anyway, i agree, you're doing a nice job of writing, keep it up. Also, that pic of the park is sweet.
I like the pictures of the fields and all that jazz...but PLEASE put some pics of all this amazing food that you're eating up! The fields are there forever. The food is only around for as long as it takes before you devour it. Therefore, you must capture it!
ReplyDelete